Pages

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Buddy Writing-Welcoming Tonga




As I dived into the red,brown and white sea crowded with proud supportive Tongans, I saw many Tongan people waving the Tongan flags as if we won the Rugby World Cup.Many Tongans felt very supportive,so us Tongans decided to decorate our houses,cars,gardens with the Tongan flags to represent our nationality.I saw many people dancing,jumping in excitement and I also saw people with brown island skin painted in Tongan colours with courage.Some people wanted to store this special occasion,so they took a video with their cellphones,cameras and video cameras.The chanting of the crowd was louder than the plane landing to it’s destination.Everyone shouted happily as the Ikale Tahi team made their way to the stage.As they did their haka tau I saw them wear a sote (shirt),tupenu (boy’s black lavalava),hekesi (tie),Ta’ovala (tapa).Their haka tau looked polished and sharp.

I heard people shouting,screaming,laughing,cheering and chanting.The crowd was singing the Tongan National Anthem.It was proudly presented to them with love and hope.All I could hear is people chanting in Tongan language.Rugby fever spread quickly across the airport.Everyone was cheering for their beloved families,everywhere you walked there were shouts of “GO TONGA!” Some people yelled out with their loudest “MATE MA’A TONGA”.I felt so squished,the noise of the horns disturbed my ears.

The pride I felt was unspeakable.It felt like my heart beamed out like a sprout shooting across the sky like a star.The boiling sun blazing across the blue sky.I was exhausted from waiting.Even though I was squished and squashed I felt patriotic.We did it for the love of my people and the love of rugby.

By Ofa and Seilina

4 comments:

  1. Wow Ofa and Seilina it looks like you both worked really hard because your description writing really painted a picture in my head... Keep up all the great writing Faith. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic description Ofa and Seilina. I felt like I was really there. I can really sense of pride you both have for your tongan culture. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, sounds incredible! what a great moment in history!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved it it really touched me but for every one who supported Tonga.I like it keep on going use two that was a great story and I liked the beginning it is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete